5.24.2006

(607) The Joys of Dumpster-Diving.

Why dumpster-dive?

Here's why-- I found this note (or assignment, whatever) in a recycling box at Ithaca College during moving week. Here it is, printed as found:

Me: Where have you been? All day. Where

Adam: Hospital. I'm a doctor. I have to work all day to make the money.

Me: You're always working. Was Lisa the nurse at the hospital today.

Adam: She's only a friend. I'm sick of your jealousy repeatedly.

Me: I'm home all day, cooking, cleaning, and taking care of our children. You're selfish.

Adam: I'm pissed off. Lisa + I are going on vacation to Bulgaria.

Me: What? I want a divorce. I fell in love with our dentist.

Adam: Jim? He's fat, boring, and ugly. I'm rich and handsome.

Me: But he's softheaded. You're mean and bigheaded.

Adam: Up till now you were happy. What happened?

Me: I'm pooped out from all your lies. You don't care about me. I'll send you the divorce papers in 2 wks.

Adam: I confess. I let this marriage go bad. We're finished.

Me: I'll keep our 3 children. I want 1/2 your money.

Adam: You go to hell. I'm calling my lawyer. I'm postponing my travels to Bulgaria.

Me: I hate you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah's own Found, From Ithaca to Cleveland

iWoman said...

It is rather funny, but I feel a bit bad that the "author's" privacy was invaded a bit--they did throw it away after all, meaning they didn't intend for anyone to read it. I'm sure they knew it was awful.