6.18.2006

(607/216/440) Mochas.

Now that I've declared this "Post More Posts" policy, I need to, yes, post a post.

---

Q: How does one escape a mocha addiction?

It started in Ithaca, NY. I began going to Juna's Cafe in the Commons on a regular basis in search of a boost. Chai didn't quite cut it-- I needed something more. Coffee worked, if I could stand the heartburn it gave me as side effect. Lattes were good but often bitter. And then, yes, I tried it. Mocha. The beginning of an enjoyable addiction.
+ Then I began my search for the Perfect Mocha. Juna's was good + so was Autumn Leaves.... but Gimme Coffee won out the town w/ it's Mocha Choka (mocha + extra espresso).

Now that I'm back in Ohio the search for the Perfect Mocha has been rekindled. In Ashtabula County, yr lucky if you can find a mocha w/ soy. But in Cleveland I've weaned put my favorites. Starbucks isn't even an option, my dears. Starbucks=hell no for a variety of reasons of which I'll mention later. That leaves the Caribou, Phoenix + Arabica as the chains. (I'll soon whittle my faves down to the local, unique, 1 location shops later on). Arabica doesn't have a mocha w/ soy--rather, they have Voltaires which are more coffee than espresso. Caribou has really, really rich mochas, so if you wanna feel fat or overindulgent, opt for Caribou. This leaves Phoenix, which I will say, wins out the town for the Perfect Mocha. In Lakewood, I prefer the Cafe Phoenix (a bit pricey but well worth it) which is a mocha + extra shots. Hell yes, I'm all about the buzz. The downtown location I prefer, only b/c a Cafe Phoenix is aptly called a Speedball.

+ I like telling people I just had a speedball :)

Q: Even though mochas average to about $3.50 a pop, is this an addiction I really wanna escape??

No comments: